Implement a set of wizards for handling outtakes
|Reported by:||Nicklas Nordborg||Owned by:||Nicklas Nordborg|
Description (last modified by )
Subsets of DNA and/or RNA may be handed out to external researcher and we need a way to handle this with the help of Reggie wizards. An overview of the procedure:
- Define the outtake. An item list with RNA or DNA is used as the starting point.
- A name for the outtake must be specified.
- A target amount and target volume is specified.
- A comment field with optional information about the outtake.
The wizard should create child aliquots (suffix .a, .a2, etc) for all items in the list and put them in a new "outtake list". The target amount and target volume is stored as annotations on the list. This allows us to calculate dilution information later on. The wizard should also create new boxes and place the aliquots in a predefined order. Typically the same order as the parent items are located in the freezer. Box names should automatically generated using a common prefix (
ScanB-Outtake) and number (3 digits). The comment should be copied to the aliquots, boxes and new list. This wizard require the
2a. Generate lab protocols. The "outtake" list is used to generate a pick list and dilution protocol. This wizard require the
SamplePreppermission. The protocol must include:
- Sample name
- Freezer location/box/coordinate (sorted in box order)
- Volume to take
- Volume H20
- New label name (replace SCAN-B ID with external ID from specimen tube)
- New box position (auto-generated in order)
- Comment column
2b. Generate label file for the label printer
- Registration that the outtake has been completed. The default action is that everything was successful. It should be possible to select a full or partial failure. In case of a failure it should be possible to specify (per sample) if the material was actually used or not. This wizard require the
3b. New concentration measurements? This would probably be useful but no decision was made about this.
- Generate tab-separated delivery file. This file should contain information about the shipped samples. We need to include at least the label and box positions. Estimated concentration and quantity is probably also useful. Maybe some more columns? This wizard require the
Change History (19)
comment:1 by , 7 years ago
|Milestone:||Reggie v4.x → Reggie v4.8|
|Summary:||Implements a set of wizards for handling outtakes → Implement a set of wizards for handling outtakes|