Support for re-processing from lysate
|Reported by:||Nicklas Nordborg||Owned by:||Nicklas Nordborg|
There is a recent use case where RNA/DNA extraction failed and there is no backup specimen left for re-processing. There is enough lysate available for a second extraction. This scenario is currently not supported but should be implemented. Several sub-steps are required:
- A new action in the "Flagged RNA wizard" for marking a Lysate for re-processing. Setting the
ReProcessshould be enough.
- A new wizard for generating a pick list protocol with information such as freezer position for the lysates that have been marked for re-processing. Completing the wizard should move the lysate items to new positions in
ExtraLysNNNboxes. The intention is that the RNA/DNA/FlowThrough should be placed in corresponding positions in
AutoProcessingflag may also have to be cleared or set to some other value.
Extra****boxes should be created manually by an administrator which also assign freezer positions to them.
- The protocol wizard and the RNA/DNA/FlowThrough registration wizard get a second list if there are lysates that are ready for a second extraction. The logged in user may select lysate from either the regular and/or the extra list up to 12 in total.
- The lab protocol should include some kind of visual marker that highlights the "old" lysates. If all lysates are "old" the "Lysis" section in the lab protocol is not used and should be disabled.
- The RNA/DNA/FlowThrough registration wizard should not update the "Lysis" information on the "old" lysates. The "Lysis" section should be skipped/disabled if all lysates are old. The wizard should also make sure that the new RNA/DNA/FlowThrough is placed in their corresponding
Extra****boxes and that they are correctly named (