Track volumes of RNAQC aliquots
Description (last modified by )
The original quantity assigned to RNA items currently assumes that a single RNAQC aliquot is taken and that the same volume is used for all aliquots. In reality the volumes may be different:
- If the concentration is low, a larger volume is needed to run Caliper with HiSense setting
- The Caliper may fail to measure the RNA for various reasons. In this case, a second aliquot is taken and second measurement is made (using the same well).
A number of updates are needed to the wizards:
- DNA/RNA/FlowThrough registration: The RNA volume is currently set to 51µl, but this need to be increased with 2µl to account for one normal RNAQC aliquot (on Caliper).
- Create aliquots on Bioanalyzer/Caliper plates: Default RNAQC volumes for normal and HiSense options should be included in the last step. It should be possible for the user to manually change the volumes. The default volumes are 2µl (Caliper normal), 6µl (Caliper HiSense) and 1µl (Bioanalyzer).
- Import RQS scores from Caliper well table file: This wizard need a way to specify wells that has been re-run and set the extra volume that was used. The extra volume should be recorded as an 'other' event on the RNA item.