Add support for external specimen
This would be similar to the current support for external RNA items that can be created (manually or with the wizard #1187), but instead we start out with a
Specimen item that should go into the regular 'Partition wizard'. The assumption is that the specimen is received in RNALater.
The approach is to try and see what happens to existing wizards. The minimal required information is that the specimen should have a name with a short prefix prefix (that are not digits) followed by an underscore and then some custom name. It is recommended that the name is short so that the name including suffixes added to child items can fit on regular labels. 9-10 characters (including the prefix should probably work).
To begin with the registration is manual or done with regular batch item importers.
- It should be possible to register new external items without them showing up in any wizard to begin with. This may require that the
AutoProcessingannotation is set to
- Changing the
ReProcess(or some other value if needed) should make the external item to appear for selection in the "Partition wizard". The handling is similar to "Paused specimen" so it can probably appear in the selection list together with them. The external specimen should be included in the "Pick list", and they should be included in the generated "Label file". A new box position should be generated and the new positions can be in the regular SCAN-B boxes (eg. SpNNN).
- DNA/RNA extraction should follow the normal procedure
- RNA Normalization should follow the normal procedure
- RNAQC should follow the normal procedure
- After extraction the external RNA should be "paused" again and NOT automatically included in the library preparation. This can probably be done by setting
- It should be possible to manually add the RNA to a new mRNA plate just as external RNA is currently handled. After that the library preparation, sequencing and secondary analysis should follow the normal procedure.