|Version 2 (modified by 8 years ago) ( diff ),
Updating to MeLuDI 1.3.2
Updating to MeLuDI 1.3.2 might require some manual changes for items that already exist. This is due to the following decision (See ticket:802 for more information):
- Input of all lot numbers of interest is now performed in the first DNA/RNA extraction wizard, the "Lab tracking protocol for FFPE extraction" wizard, and the entered lot numbers are stored with the created start item list. Other DNA/RNA extraction wizards will obtain the default lot numbers from the input start item list.
Consequences for older start item lists:
- Previously, the lot number for the "FFPE DNA/RNA kit" entered in the first extraction wizard was stored as annotation for the created start item list, while all other lot numbers were entered in the following DNA/RNA registration wizard and stored as annotations for the created DNA/RNA extract items. Since individual entries for extracts were allowed, and still are, it was found better to store default lot numbers as annotations to the start item list. In order for the updated "Lab tracking protocol/report copy" wizard to be able to display all lot numbers for start item lists created prior to MeLuDI v1.3.2, the latter start lists need to be updated.
A new wizard, "Update processed start lists with lot numbers from extracts", has been added to the "Special conversion tools" sub-section of the "Admin" section. It allows a number of processed start item lists to be selected from a menu (normally all start item lists are selected, if the conversion is performed directly after installing MeLuDI v1.3.2). For each selected start item list, new lot number annotations of the latter will be set to values of the corresponding annotations for the first DNA extract, or if no such extract exists, the first RNA extract (MeLuDI items are used if existing, otherwise extra material items). The new extraction operator annotation will not be set, as it was not defined for extracts prior to MeLuDI v1.3.2. The conversion tool is only needed once, after update to MeLuDI v1.3.2, and can therefore be removed in later versions.
Older unprocessed start item lists do not state a problem, although they lack values for most lot numbers, since these will be added in the "DNA/RNA registration/quantification" wizard.
Follow this procedure:
1. Preparations for transferring lot numbers from first DNA extract to a processed start item list created prior to MeLuDI v1.3.2.
a. Update to MeLuDI v1.3.2
Among other things, annotation types for all lot numbers are installed for item lists.
- MeLuDI v1.3.2 requires at least version 3.5.0 of BASE. If needed, update BASE before installing MeLuDI v1.3.2.
- MeLuDI v1.3.2 has been tested successfully with Tomcat 8, but should still work with Tomcat 7.
- After installation of MeLuDI v1.3.2, run the installation wizard.
2. Update processed start lists
a. Update processed start lists with lot numbers from extracts
In section "Server administrator wizards" of the MeLuDI v.1.3.2 software, select the "Update processed start lists with lot numbers from extracts" wizard.
- Select the processed start item lists you want to update (normally all the start lists).
- Click "Register" to update the start lists.
The following assumptions must be met for success:
- The start plate contains a list of all related MeLuDI item names as annotation.
- The start plate contains a list of all related extra material names as annotation.
- All related specimens and extracts have already been created with the specified names.
Each selected processed start list will be updated as follows:
- New start list lot number annotations will be set to values of the corresponding annotations for the first DNA extract.
- The new extraction operator annotation will not be set, as it was not defined for extracts prior to MeLuDI v1.3.2.
The updated start lists can now be checked in the "Lab tracking protocol/report copy" wizard.